Nanjing 18 OCT 2018
Minutes of Shui meeting
Nanjing 18 October 2018 01:48
Guangju Zhao Institute of Soil and Water, CAS, Shanxi
Lixin Chen, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing
Jiao Chen, Nanjing Agriculture University, Nanjing
Roujing Li, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Rui Miao, Fujian A&F University, Fujian
Weifeng Xu. Fuzhou Agriculture and Forestry University (China PI)
Funing Zhong, Nanjing Agricultural University
Jose Gomez, CSIC, Spain (EU PI)
Andreas Klik, Vienna Agricultural University (BOKU), Austria
Tomas Dostal, Prague Technical University, Czech Republic
John Quinton, Lancaster University, UK.
Chinese project progress
Approved, waiting for signature
Smaller project (£500K) so have had to consolidate to make it work
Start Jan 2019 for three years
- WP1 -> group 1
- WP2 +3 -> group 2
- WP4 +7 ->group 3
- WP5+6 -> group 4
Action: Chinese partners will identify leaders and inform Jose, and provide an English version of Chinese project plan and key slides. Deadline end of October
Has to be signed by all of the partners. Normally a high level administrator in the University.
Chinese partners can only sign after they start the project in January.
- Action: Jose to provide CSIC lawyer with contacts of Chinese leaders and circulate the CA document. Nov 1st
- Action: Chinese partners to provide Institutional administration contact to Jose. 30th Nov
- Action: Jose provide contacts of Chinese PI in previous EU – China project to provide advice. 1st Nov
- Action: Chinese partners to comment on the consortium agreement. End of Nov
- Action: Once agreed by all EU and Chinese partners the University officials can sign the final version. End of Jan
Needs to be in Chinese and English End of Nov
Check existing websites in collaboration programme End of Oct
Chinese partner: Beijing Forestry University EU – Lancster
WeChat group needs to be established and WeChat feeds to website
Directory of expertise, corresponding person for particular areas
Close list of agricultural systems
A full list of Chinese demonstration fields will be developed at the at the Chinese kick-off meeting.
- Action: Jose to send list of European cropping systems to Weifeng Xu and leaders of WP5 (socioeconomic) End of Oct
- Action: Chinese partners to supply a list of cropping systems of interest to project coordinators (Jose, Weifeng) and leaders of WP5 End of Nov
Action: Chinese partners to provide a list of metadata about the data that is available, Guangju Zhao to co-ordinate and send to Andreas Klik Name 1st Nov- List Mid of Nov
Likely that Chinese budget will be cut by 10%.
Final budget clear by end of the year.
Action: John to talk to Kevin Jones/David Tyfield
Date and place for next meeting
Kick of meeting in China. March/Early April in Fuzhou city in Fujian Province. Last week in March first week in April