27th-28th October 2020
Braving local lockdowns, Tier 3 restrictions and soaring coronavirus infection rates (Belgium being the highest in EU, 2,801.59 cases per 100,000 people), SHui’s researchers gathered on a new online platform (CSIC’s CONECTA) to discuss recent progress and collaborations with SHui. Despite the challenges of the summer, a number of high points emerged from the discussions:
- Chinese researchers are now able to conduct face-to-face focus groups with farmers
- BOKU outlined database visualisation plans to enhance user friendliness
- Interactions between crop / landscape models with remote sensing inputs
- Recruitment of a “front-end specialist” by ARO to ensure Decision Support tools are farmer-accessible
- Recruitment of a new Community Manager to enhance our stakeholder engagement
SHui partners also participated in an interactive survey to identify a way forward for SHui farmer engagement.